Calls regarding Tax / Sewer billing will be accepted during regular business hours, Monday thru Friday.
CALL US WITH ANY QUESTIONS: 609 522-4845
FINAL/PRELIMINARY tax bills are mailed once a year after the TAX RATE is established.
If you are a new owner and haven’t received a bill, by law, it is your responsibility to call and ask for a bill.
- Taxes are due and payable quarterly on the first of February, May, August and November. There is a 10-day grace period for each quarter. If payments are made after the grace period interest will be charged as of the due date. Sewer due dates are January, April, July & October always on the 15th of the month.
- Tax bills are mailed once a year (normally July). If you have a mortgage company escrowing for taxes and they do not receive a copy of the tax bill from the Tax Office it is the owner’s responsibility to see that they get a copy.
- Interest will be charged at the rate of 8% per annum up to $1500.00 of the delinquency and 18% per annum over $1500.00 until taxes are current.
- To receive a receipt for a payment, please include the entire tax bill with a stamped self-addressed envelope. Otherwise, detach the appropriate stub and mail with your check. The canceled check will be your receipt.
- A $20.00 check fee applies on all checks returned from the bank
If you do not receive a bill, please contact the Tax office immediately for the amount owed. A taxpayer is not exempt from paying interest penalty on taxes if they do not receive a bill. (R.S. 54:4-64) Please make sure you update your mailing address with the Tax Collector.