“N.J.S.A. 40:65-12.3 – Free Removal of Snow and Ice Volunteer Program”
WW Shovels is a volunteer driven initiative aiming to help seniors and disabled homeowners with snow removal. Please read the following guidelines before filling out and submitting an application.
The qualifications for the WW Shovels Program are:
- Participants should be disabled or over the age of 60 years old.
- Own AND live in the property where the service will be provided (owner occupied, primary residence).
- Home must be a one or two unit home occupied by qualifying applicant(s).
- Residents must meet all requirements and guidelines set forth. For more information, see qualification form here.
The following are the services that participants can expect to receive from the WW Shovels program:
- Volunteers are to shovel and salt all main walkways and paths leading up to the property Shoveling will be performed within 24 hours after it has stopped snowing.
- If a senior/disabled resident has a vehicle, volunteers may also provide assistance in digging out a clear path for that said vehicle.
- Volunteers are NOT to accept money for service being provided and NOT for any reason enter the homes of any senior/disabled individuals.
- Volunteers must bring their own snow shovel, snow removal gear, and winter clothing.
- Salt will be provided by the Borough of West Wildwood.
- +2” (TWO INCHES) OF SNOW WILL ACTIVATE WW SHOVELS PROGRAM.
Submitting an application does not automatically guarantee enrollment in the program. All applications will be reviewed to determine eligibility. Completed applications can be mailed to:
Borough of West Wildwood
ATTN WW Shovels
701 West Glenwood Avenue
West Wildwood, NJ 08260.
Applications are also accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, please call West Wildwood Administration at (609) 522-4845 x306.